Sunday, January 3, 2010

Curtain Sewing Project

The best thing about this sewing project is that there was no sewing involved!  When we recently installed the window treatment in our home-office (we haven't decided whether to call it the office or the den yet), there was some work that needed to be done on these WILMA shears from Ikea.  I didn't like the tabs, pictured below, so I simply snipped them off - being very careful not to cut into the actual top hem of the curtain.

In this picture, I had already cut off the first tab (to the very left), and you can see where there is still one of the tabs remaining.  Here's what it looks like totally cut:

Then, all I did was attach one of the clip rings to the center of where the tab was previously attached, which made it a cinch to evenly space all of the clip rings, and make it easy to slide the shears back and forth on the curtain rod.
Finally, all I had to do was hang the curtains, decide on a length for the bottom, and use Ikea's handy no-sew hem strip to iron the hem into the curtains.  After that, I just ironed the curtains, for a clean, not-fresh-out-of-the-package look and hung them up!  Such an easy fix to make the curtains into what I needed them to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also enjoy...