Wednesday, September 23, 2009

ROTW - Crab Puffs

Last Friday evening, I had 13 gal-pals over for a Pampered Chef party. Somehow, we all fit into the living room of our smallish apartment. It was a bit warm, but I think everyone had a great time! I made a few appetizers/desserts for my guests (I think of myself as having the gift of hospitality, after all), and my mother-in-law swooned over the crab puffs. A recipe passed down through a few generations of our family from the Methodist cookbook published by the church my mom attended growing up in Yorkana, PA, there couldn't be a simpler, tastier treat!

Unfortunately, they were all consumed before I had a chance to take a picture... and in case you didn't get it ROTW will from here on stand for "recipe of the week"...

CRAB PUFFS

1 pack of english muffins
1 jar (8 oz. I think) of Old English Cheese*
1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
1 can of crab meat (6-8 oz.)
a few pinches of garlic powder and sea salt

* Can be found in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores.

Best if made in advance! Halve english muffins and lay out face-up on non-greased cookie sheet (or baking stone if you've recently been to a PC party!). Cream together butter and cheese. Stir in crab meat and seasonings. Spread evenly on english muffins, cover cookie sheet with foil, and place in freezer. Once frozen, this can be easily stored in ziploc plastic bags or something similar in your freezer. When you're ready to heat and serve, turn on your oven's broiler, and broil frozen (not thawed - they get soggy if you thaw first) crab puffs until golden brown on top. Remove, rest, and cut into quarters for a triangular, tasty treat for your next party. Great snack for football watching parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also enjoy...