Friday, June 11, 2010

Inside my... [JCrew Summer] Purse!

Today I diverge from my "normal" photos to share about the contents of my basket purse. I've become a little OCD lately about having my purse organized. Maybe it's because my summer purse only closes with the tie of a ribbon, and not a zipper, so stuff is more prone to fall when my purse takes a tumble and I don't want to risk losing anything. Or maybe it's because I've gotten sick of glares and dirty looks from people behind me in the check-out line when I can't find my credit card among the cluster of old receipts.

So, here's a peak inside my purse, and a break down of how I've managed to organize it all... (please excuse the quality of my photos today - pics taken from iPhone... maybe they'd be better if I had the iPhone 4.. hint, hint to the hubster).


First, two summer purse additions that I can't live without, and neither should you.  A coffee cozy (top left - given to me by a friend who found them in two-packs at the dollar store) and a small tube of sunscreen (bottom right - mine happens to be Aveeno Continuous Protection SPF30).  I am a pretty big fan of Aveeno products. Check here for some free samples - they usually rotate, and are good for trying out a product before committing to purchase.

I try to always keep a book in my purse.  You never know when you'll have a few minutes of down time. In the summer, it's usually a lighter read for me, as you can tell.  And small paperbacks work best.

And finally, I'll work from front to back explaining what's in each of my little pouches.  The orange zippered case is actually this airline travel case, but I use it to corral all of my coupons so that when I'm in a store, the coupons are right there with me (side note... do you say q-pons or coo-pons?).  The brown and floral "evening" purse is where I keep all my credit, debit, and store cards and my iPhone.  It's small enough to fit nicely inside my larger purse, but is easy to grab and carry inside a store when I don't feel like lugging the basket. My keys even fit inside then too!  The Vera Bradley wristlet wallet neatly holds my receipts and gift cards. When my receipts start getting too crazy, I sort through them and move important ones for larger purchases (not Dunkin Donuts receipts for example... those meet the trashcan) in a box in our home office.  And lastly, a cute little blue linen zippered case holds my extra tube of mascara, a foldup hairbrush, and a Tide stick.

Whew! So... my purse pretty much holds my life. And it is probably more than you wanted to know. Thanks for reading my random Friday post.  Have a great weekend!

Love,

1 comment:

  1. The bigger my purse the more stuff I put in it! I have a smaller purse for the summer. lets see how that goes! Hopping by from Friday's blog hop! You have a new follower! Come visit me at Mama's Little Chick.

    Mama Hen
    www.mamaslittlechick.com

    ReplyDelete

you might also enjoy...