Monday, July 6, 2009

The Summer of Rainbows

I have never before seen so many rainbows within the course of a few days' span. I have seen four rainbows so far this summer - two of them FULL double rainbows, and I don't quite know how to describe them other than just simply beautiful...

Unfortunately, I am usually driving when I see them, but luckily a friend was with me the last time I saw one and was able to capture the moment on my iPhone.


Just when the clouds are clearing, and the sun is coming back out, a streak of colors appear across the sky. Maybe rainbows say something other than God's promise never to flood the Earth again. Maybe they say something deeper about life and our journey... a reminder to take the time to appreciate beauty in challenging, difficult times and in joyful times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also enjoy...